Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
The IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) Open Source support mission is in the third wave of "start-up mode". Join us in what promises to be an exciting and incredibly rewarding journey in helping customers transform their businesses using community Open Source Software.
IBM's Global Open Source team is looking for software architects experienced leading clients through digital transformations.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Meet with customers to discuss their Open Source strategy and define a scope of activities that the IBM team can deliver that addresses the customers challenges, acting as the IBM transformation focal point.
- Development of high-performing solutions that deliver business value to the client, utilizing design methodologies, repeatable approaches, and best practices.
- Maintain deep technical skills and engineering capabilities for key Open Source products including Red Hat OpenShift, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Apache Hadoop, MongoDB and SUSE Rancher, plus many other popular packages.
- Research and stay current with changes in the Open Source ecosystem, evangelize IBM Open Source capabilities, present to both internal and external audiences.
- Assist with RFP / RFI's when assistance from the IBM sales team requested.
- Create knowledge via articles, blogs and remote training.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of previous experience as a client-facing technical software consultant designing technical software solutions against client requirements.
- Ability to lead workshops, presentations, and other events for clients, articulating complex technical solutions.
- Technical working knowledge of core Open Source products (at least one or two of the following: OpenShift, OpenStack, Ansible, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ELK, Prometheus, Redis, Apache Hadoop).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies utilizing languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practices
- Previous experience in migrating to Open Source solutions
- An understanding of architecture frameworks such as Open Group TOGAF or Zachman and approaches such as Design Thinking
- Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
- Building cloud native solutions
- Leadership or mentoring experience
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.