Job description / Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and implement. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
The IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) Open Source support mission is in the third wave of "start-up mode". Join us in what promises to be an exciting and incredibly rewarding journey in helping customers transform their businesses using community Open Source Software.
IBM's Global Open Source team is looking for IT experts experienced with implementing Open Source software for clients in coordination with Open Source Architects.
Role and Responsibilities
- OpenShift or OpenStack implementation, configuration and tuning for clients
- Translate requirements into the design and development of customized system
- Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer's environment
- Create knowledge via articles, blogs and remote training
- Ongoing Skills Development
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of previous experience implementing OpenShift solutions
- Experience with Ansible, shell/bash scripting, server management
- Technical working knowledge of core Open Source products (at least one or two of the following: OpenShift, OpenStack, Ansible, Istio, Kubernetes, Docker, CRIO, Rancher)
- Administration of hybrid cloud environment, Configuration of HA/DR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Customer Facing role
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies
- Previous experience in migrating to Open Source solutions
- Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.