Job description / Role
Advanced Customer Services is a global organization within Oracle, providing tailored mission-critical support services to customers with complex IT requirements. We provide customized, proactive solutions for all Oracle applications and technologies: Sun Servers and Storage, Database, Middleware and Applications.
Advanced Services Engineers (ASE) provides support in the continuous operational improvement of Oracle environments. ASEs do this by leveraging Oracle's support-based intellectual property and customers' experiences throughout their involvement with Oracle's technologies.
Our goal is for every customer to gain ever-more value from their Oracle Solutions by helping them make well informed decisions regarding the implementation; management and use of Oracle technologies.
CORE ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivering high quality technical services to ACS customers.
- Ensuring adherence to internal methodology, tools and quality standards.
- Proactively foresee existing customer needs and activities to provide better support and remain engaged with customer focused activities
- Work with other Oracle LOBs and Partners to ensure that knowledge is transferred both into and out of ACS, and act as technical Subject Matter Experts where required
- Be focused on innovation and technology and understand how these can be used to benefit both customers and ACS
- Manage and resolve Customer Requests according to product main strategy and model.
- Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products.
- Ensure the timely completion of planned proactive tasks and Customer Requests.
- Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the life cycle in accordance with global standards.
- Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (ODC, diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.
Related Work Experience
- The candidate should have MIN 5-8 years of experience in using and administrating Oracle database server with strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux and/or Windows. Experience in RAC, DB Performance, or Backup/Recovery is a Must.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
- The candidates should have a degree in Computer science or similar. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is a must/ (OCM) is a plus in Oracle platform products including database, Cloud certified is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux and/or Windows.
- Experience in RAC, DB Performance, DB patching/DB upgrades or Backup/Recovery is a must.
- Experience with Exadata is required
- More of the following technical areas is a plus: Oracle Security Products, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Golden Gate, SQL Tuning, Corruption, Super Cluster, ZFS, ZDLRA.
- Having excellent written and spoken English is a must with strong Communication skills.
- Candidate should have Customer focus, working globally, team working and results orientation skills.
- Excellent Incident and Problem Management skills.
- Flexibility to work within a "Follow the Sun" global shift rota, covering local OR non-local day-time hours, including holidays and weekends, on a rotational basis
- Ability to be "on-call" support as part of an on-call rotation shared across team members
- Willing to travel for long tasks or high frequency
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.