Job description / Role
Oracle Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is looking for Advanced Support Engineers (ASEs) to deliver proactive and reactive technical support to Oracle customers as Siebel Architect.
The Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a unit within Oracle's Customer Service Organization that enables long-term advanced support relationships with many of Oracle's largest customers. More information about ACS is available on Advanced Customer Services | Oracle
The ACS Advanced Support Engineering (ASE) organization consists of a diverse, highly skilled, and specialized team of ASEs who bring deep technical expertise in the entire Oracle Product and technology set.
As integral part of a global Organization, the ASE will be working within an international environment and contribute to global technology driven initiatives or innovation programs for continuous service improvements. Regular training is available and required to maintain an up to date knowledge of latest developments of Oracle products and services.
The Siebel Architecture Specialists will be part of the ACS Global Expertise Center (GEC) organization in Egypt (GEC) within Advanced Customer Services (ACS) EMEA Support. GEC work with customers, integrators, to ensure the proper design and implementation of Oracle Applications. The role concentrates primarily on providing technical administration and architectural support for Siebel CRM systems.
Siebel Architecture Specialist is a customer facing job with the aim of providing support to the customers for Siebel production and non-production systems in the following areas: Production support, go-live/Production Rollout, upgrades, migrations, releases, change management etc
The job responsibility includes: application monitoring/operations, system administration, database administration performance analysis/tuning, installations, upgrades, security, technical architecture, networks, RDBMS, reviews etc.
For this position, we look for an experienced, talented and self-motivated Advanced Services Engineers to work remotely or onsite at customer premises mostly in EMEA. Occasional travel across EMEA may be required. The position is for IC4 level.
- Deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base
- Performance tuning of the Siebel Application
- Install Hot fixes and Patches
- Lead the delivery and execution of all technical aspects of the Siebel solution life cycle, including planning, design, installation, configuration, migration and upgrade activities
- Work with the customers to ensure their key technical deliverables are fully understood and addressed
- Troubleshoot and resolve medium to highly complex technical issues related to Siebel via remote connectivity or onsite at customer premises
- Provide technical health check reviews for existing solutions, with recommendations for enhanced configuration, architecture, and better performance results
- Develop test plans, procedures and running tests accordingly
- Work closely and collaborate with Oracle global support to resolve customers SRs
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions to end users.
- Work closely with the technical team and delivery leaders to provide engagements work estimates and drive excellence.
- Min 10 years of Experience with Siebel 8.1 (IP 17+ versions) Application Administrations and Server Maintenance Activities
- Must have worked on Siebel latest versions (Innovation Pack 2017 onwards)
- Extensive experience in Siebel Administration, installation, deployments, server management etc.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Siebel architecture, installation methodology and administration of Siebel Enterprise, Servers, Gateways, Database & Clients Siebel Administration including Siebel Gateway and Application servers and Siebel web server
- Must have worked on minimum 1 Siebel Upgrade (to latest Innovation Packs) projects full life cycle
- Experience in handling and solving the administration and configuration technical challenges during Siebel upgrades
- Experience with IP 2017 or higher architecture, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Siebel Workspace, Siebel Web Tools, Siebel Cloud migration
- Experience troubleshooting/resolving Siebel CRM configured application issues
- Good hands on Siebel-CRM/OBIEE Integration using SSO authentication
- Oracle Certified for Siebel & Associate and/or Professional qualification will be an advantage, such as Certified on Oracle Cloud Architect, Foundation & professional.
- University Degree in Computer science or similar
- Previous work experience in a Support, Consulting, IT Operations or Administration organization would be ideal
- Working with general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
- Strong English written/verbal communications (French; Spanish or German will be also valued)
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
- Flexibility to visit or work at customer premises in Egypt
- Willing to travel (~ 25% of the time) in the region (EMEA)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent incident and problem management skills.
- Flexibility to be "on-call" as part of a rotating 24x7 support model, shared across team members, covering off-business hours technical support
- Self-driven, ability to work under minimal supervision
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.