Job description / Role
Oracle CloudTechnology Architect
The Oracle Technology Architect is a senior-level technical pre-sales role that will partner closely with Oracle Sales to develop new business, as well as to position Oracle Solutions at the heart of the largest customer organizations.
Oracle Technology Architects bridge the gap between business and technology, speaking the value language of business and technology with C-level individuals. They combine deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
The role is predominately a PreSales role, an intrinsic part of the Sales team and have a focus on positioning Oracle's Cloud Technology Solutions and License at the Enterprise Account transformation project. Common customer opportunities and projects will include but are not limited to Cloud adoption, Database consolidation, Data Strategy, Analytics initiatives and Customer Experience management.
Good commercial sense is a key requirement, as we aim to grow our presence, presenting our solution should always reflect the immediate and long term benefit for our customers. A pro-active attitude is a key characteristic that we are looking for.
As a Cloud Architect you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge.
Cloud Architect Engagements with Customers Include:
• Building trusted advisor status with key technology executives and decision makers
• Architecture Discovery and Capture
• Architecture/Solution Design and Presentation
• Solution Sizing and Configuration
• ROI/TCO Analysis and Presentation
• Reference Selling - Customer References, Performance Benchmarks, Reference Architectures, Optimized Systems
• Demos of database, big data, middleware, integration and security products
• Lead and execute customer discovery, helping customers realize benefits of an Oracle on-premise, cloud and hybrid architectures
• Provide support as Cloud Architect to a Cloud Account Sales Executive, to identify the best Oracle Cloud solution for their customer's business needs and to position Oracle's Cloud Strategy and Solutions as key differentiator in sales cycles
• Design, validate, and present Oracle solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
• Present and articulate features and benefits of Oracle technology solutions to business and technical customers
• Create and deliver presentations, customized demonstrations, seminars and workshops to customers and partners, as well as public events
• Interact with all roles at customer, including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and business representatives
• Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture
• Provide detailed sizing and associated justification
• Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption
• Provide roadmap and migration methodology and identify quick wins
• Advise on organizational impact of solutions
• Be a trusted advisor for the customer at 360 degrees: once customer agrees on adopting an Oracle Solution, Cloud Architect continues to work with customer after the deal is booked to be sure that identified solution is used at full capacity with customer satisfaction
• Maintain a continuous technical relationship with the customer
• Design, plan and deliver Solution Demonstrations, Proofs of Concept and Benchmarks.
• Contribute technical responses for Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFP);
• Define infrastructure architectures and solution proposals, using Value Selling techniques;
• Recognize and communicate opportunities to up sell based on solutions insight;
• Keep abreast of all new products, market trends, future directions and the competition for areas of focus;
• Maintain up to date, relevant knowledge of competitive solutions and winning strategies;
• Actively develop product expertise;
• Ongoing education and training of the sales force on Oracle technologies and solutions;
• Document and share lessons learned and best practices;
• Collaborate with other pre-sales teams to drive business results, enhance win rates and better customer propositions;
• Operate in line with all Oracle processes and procedures
• Natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Broad background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large-scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations
• Knowledge of Oracle technology portfolio
• Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
• C-level presentation experience
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
• Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication
• Ability to travel as needed
• Previous specific industry experience (banking, telco, utilities, etc.) is a significant plus
• Previous specific domain experience (security, data warehousing, integration) is a plus
• AWS and/or Azure certifications, OCI certifications will be a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Oracle OCI services and Oracle PaaS services, including Oracle databases, is mandatory.
• Hands-on experience with a wide range of AWS/GCP/Azure services is a plus
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.