Job description / Role
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world's favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelez International LLC is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelez International LLC has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum.
Mondelez International LLC portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelez International LLC has annual revenue of approximately $35 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
Exciting career opportunity in the Procurement function, in the capacity of MEA Specialty & Pack Sourcing Specialist ; based in Cairo BU, Egypt.
The main purpose of the role is to support MEA strategic sourcing agenda in the Specialty Material of the spend across all BUs/Countries to leverage the common scale & maximize value through sourcing,
- Responsible to develop common buying framework within the given area of spend across all BUs/countries (including KPIs, processes, R&R, performance measurements).
- Responsible to develop & implement sourcing strategies for respective groups of materials and services in collaboration with regional stakeholders and Local Procurement Leads.
- Lead tenders, sourcing reviews applying the different sourcing techniques from analyzing markets and suppliers to leading implementation of developed sourcing strategy.
- Manage cost optimization pipeline building upon local/regional/global ideas & leverage best sourcing practices across BUs.
- Support global/regional/x-country contract governance for the implemented sourcing strategies.
- Develop and coordinate supplier relationship management programs. Responsible for regional supplier relationship initiatives.
- Coordinate & enable supply risk management program across BUs.
- Responsible to forecast prices as requested for budgeting and financial forecasts.
- Contribute to leveraging scale with the global suppliers in assigned materials.
- Leverage global best practices & tools in the Paper area of external spend.
- Support global/x-regional decomplexity programs.
- Collaborate/manage effective relationships with the regional stakeholders to drive sourcing & productivity initiatives.
- Represent packaging tower spend area in RSA & Swaziland.
- Support all souring activities lead by other Packaging Categories within RSA & Swaziland.
- Support in troubleshooting any sourcing related turbulence in RSA & Swaziland.
- Support regional contract governance for the implemented sourcing strategies.
- University degree (Business Administration, Economics or technical degree is preferred).
- Business experience in Procurement of 5 years.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, MS Project), business applications (SAP, MFG\Pro).
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Excellent knowledge of KFI Procurement processes and procedures, packaging environment.
- Risk Management, Strategic Decision Making.
- Customer Orientation, Business Planning.
- Project Management, Information Management, People Management.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Experience of working in a multicultural teams and environment.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.