Job description / Role
Main Purpose of Job
- To manage the development and introduction of new packaging within factory complying with PS&C standards.
- To manage technical projects, support factory and marketing in terms of projects / initiatives related to packaging, product, processes and technologies including 60:40 . Ensuring compliance with both Nestle policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- To support Business by identifying and implementing saving projects on packaging materials or pallet pattern improvement for logistics efficiency.
- Support CTAG teams on implementing the Plastic Roadmaps.
A Day in the life
1. New Packaging Development:
-To develop new packaging basis project briefs, complying with quality / regulatory & costs requirements
-To develop new / alternative pack materials and specifications.
-To define manufacturing formula, block diagram and manufacturing conditions
-To specify the product requirement for packaging
-To conduct industrial trials (at factory or co-manufacturer) and validates process parameters
-To provide relevant information for costing
-To define release norms - on line and for the finished product
-To validate shelf life of new product with specified packaging.
-To create the material / Codes / BOMS in SAP
-To co-ordinates p-HACCP study & p-QMS creation
-To provide information and samples to SBUs, GMBs and local management for technical acceptance and release as per GI-45002-2"
2. Packaging and process optimization (factory & co-manufacturer):
-To assess process performance
-To manage change process whenever the process control parameters are modified.
-To optimize process with collaboration of PTC or other AGs
-To contributes to cost improvement initiatives (process and PMs)"
3. Packaging safety and compliance Management
-To ensure that the recipes database is updated and that the recipes are distributed as per guidelines
-To conduct process audits for compliance to the issued recipes
-To comply with national & International audits for recipes & BOM maintenance
-To follow trials management guidelines in SAP "
4. Be pro-active participant in 60/40 process to achieve consumer preference of our products.
5. Operational Support
-Provide technical support to production including training to build up product & process knowledge"
6. Plastic roadmaps
Am I a good fit?
- Academic Experience: MSc or BSc
- Graduate in Engineering, Food Chemistry, Food Technology
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Operational Experience: Min 3 years experience in food manufacturing preferably in Packaging, AG, Manufacturing or Quality
- Problem solving approach. Target: White/Yellow Belt
- Project management
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.