Job description / Role
PCP Manager M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenges.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The PCP Manager ensures the operational service and matches the high level of security and safety and quality of service required by the KPIs. The PCP Manager is :
- Responsible for the CCP where all information converges concerning the Operation of the system and consequently where the most important decisions are taken concerning the system, and mainly the safety of passengers, employees and the equipments.
- Responsible for Management of:
- Power supply system (PCP).
- Traffic on the main line.
- Traffic in the depot.
- Station operation (functional responsibility) for equipment remotely operated from the CCP and from the station rooms, the local signalling rooms and the PCP room.
- Work permits management,
- Members of staff :
• CCP traffic Controllers and signalling operators.
• Work permits officers.
• Station managers and station masters.
- Liaise with the local authorities (Police, ambulance and fire brigade).
- Ensure adherence to time tables.
- Write and maintain documentation of PCP Division and its updating.
- Train of CCP employees.
- Ensure a high quality safe service for the passengers of Cairo Metro Line 3 in accordance with the operational KPIs to establish.
NB : Power supply system : The PCP Manger is responsible for the PCP room and activates :
- Coordinate and assist the OCC in case of intervention of the maintenance onto power supply equipment in HVS, RS, etc.
- Manage and coordinate the program of work and organization of maintenance work at night (validation of access to the track, permission to work);
- Coordinate the intervention leads between the Operation Company and National Egyptian Supplier for power supply;
- Coordinate, implement of degraded or emergency mode in the event of power supply incidents or accidents, treatments of alarms;
- Take the responsibility in the emergency modes;
- Supervise the regularity of the voltage and the power supply consumption and manage the incidents as a postmaster of the PCP;
- Coordinate the actions of recoveries mode in case of equipment failure as regard traction power supply
- Order the power cut of loss power energy;
- Before COD (Commercial Date Operation)
- Involvement in setting up of the CCP/PCP.
- Responsible for a team of CCP Traffic Controllers, work permits officers, station managers and station masters.
- Assist in the recruitment of the CCP staff as per the hiring plan.
- Manage the writing of CCP procedures in normal, degraded and emergency situations for the CCP Division.
- Supervise the training of all CCP Traffic Controllers, work permits officers, station managers and station masters.
- Organise in detail, the daily role for the CCP team.
- Take appropriate decisions in case of any deviation from the planned programme.
- During ETR (Empty Trial Running):
- Participate in the definition of the ETR programme.
- Organise the role of the CCP Division during ETR.
- Undertake own
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering or B.Sc./M.Sc. with Physics / Electronics/ Power Supply / Computer Science.
- English language (Fluent)
- Drafting operation rules & procedures
- Drafting training documentation
- Developing cooperative relationships with internal and external actors
- Having strong oral and written communication skills
- Management skills
- Minimum 10 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing and developing team effectively and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
- Preferred minimum experience of at least 3-5 years in frontline operations or CCP.
- Previous experience of setting up processes and training.
Benefits & how to apply
Competitive packages. You may apply on LinkedIn or on our website: www.ratpdev.com
Other requirements for the role
- Possess extensive knowledge of railway systems.
- Ability to undertake "hands on" work in core area and on safety issues.
- Extensive knowledge of start-up operations.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong comprehension of Electrical power and Mechanical Engineering.
- Thoroughness in planning and execution.
- Quality conscious.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, inter personal skills, organising and industrial relation skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Ability to put organization before self.
- Ability to analyse situations and take quick decisions.
- Demonstrated capability of developing innovative solutions to manage sensitive industrial relations issues.
- Excellent Planning, Conceptual and Consultative skills. Effective co-ordination.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Well adept at time-management.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.