Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem is looking for a strategic 'People Engagement Director' to support our Care function in Cairo. You will be driving our People initiatives and support our growing family.
The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
This is a great opportunity to be part of the region's most successful startups and an essential member in building the pillars of culture at Careem.
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including colleagues' engagement, organizational design, planning, and compensation
- Provide expertise in designing and delivering targeted solutions including strategic planning, change management, and team building
- Assess colleagues' development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Collaborate to develop company-wide strategies and programs based on data insights
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to our colleagues
- 10+ years experience as a people business partner in a rapidly growing environment
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization challenges
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in helping organizations scale while maintaining core cultural values
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.