Job description / Role
Power Control Supervisor M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
Before COD (Commercial Date Operation)
- Involvement in setting up of the CCP/PCP.
- Responsible for a team of CCP Traffic Controllers, work permits officers, station managers and station masters.
- Assist in the recruitment of the CCP staff as per the hiring plan.
- Manage the writing of CCP procedures in normal, degraded and emergency situations for the CCP Division.
- Supervise the training of all CCP Traffic Controllers, work permits officers, station managers and station masters.
- Organise in detail, the daily role for the CCP team.
- Take appropriate decisions in case of any deviation from the planned programme.
During ETR (Empty Trial Running):
- Participate in the definition of the ETR programme.
- Organise the role of the CCP Division during ETR.
- Undertake own analysis of ETR results.
- Participate in the overall analysis of the results, with other Operation team members.
After COD (Commercial Date Operation):
- Assign and monitor role of all employees in the CCP.
- Directs the reviews and analysis of operation and monitor system performance to identify and solve problems and ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Evaluate performance of the CCP to ensure conformance with the organization goals and objectives and eliminate impediments to peak performance.
- Direct the availability and assignment of CCP employees and other resources to ensure that service objectives are achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Direct employee compliance with policies, procedures and practices.
- Direct all operation during train/station evacuation like contacting the local emergency services, informing maintenance managers, informing immediate superiors, direct Station Controllers, Train Pilots, keep monitoring the situation through feedbacks and take corrective actions.
- Prepare reports, correspondences, standard operating procedures and time tables.
- Interact with various direction and outside agencies to co-ordinate schedule and procedural changes and ensure quality service.
- Assist in the preparation of the direction operation budget.
- Oversees employees for start-up operations of new lines that include testing and delivery of revenue service.
- Maintain support and promote a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro Operation safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the Organizations safety vision and goals and maintain accountability for the safety performance of all sub-ordinate employees.
- B.Sc. in Engineering (Electronics/ Power Supply / Computer Science).
- English language (Fluent)
- Drafting operation rules & procedures
- Drafting training documentation
- Developing cooperative relationships with internal and external actors
- Having strong oral and written communication skills
- Management skills
- 2-5 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing and developing team effectively and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
- Preferred minimum experience of at least 3-5 years in frontline operations or CCP.
- Previous experience of setting up processes and training.
Other requirements for the role
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCES:
- Possess extensive knowledge of railway systems.
- Ability to undertake "hands on" work in core area and on safety issues.
- Extensive knowledge of start-up operations.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong comprehension of Electrical power and Mechanical Engineering.
- Thoroughness in planning and execution.
- Quality conscious.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, inter personal skills, organising and industrial relation skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Ability to put organization before self.
- Ability to analyse situations and take quick decisions.
- Demonstrated capability of developing innovative solutions to manage sensitive industrial relations issues.
- Excellent Planning, Conceptual and Consultative skills. Effective co-ordination.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Well adept at time-management.
- 01 - Permanent contract
- Position localisation
- Africa, Egypt
- Cairo, Egypt
- Level of education required
- Bachelor or equivalent
- Level of experience required
- From 2 to 5 years
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.