Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cultivate Client Relationships
- Engages with IBM Systems Partner Representative (SPR) in VAD meetings to build an understanding of the VADs' business and technical sales requirements to support their Value Added Resellers (VAR) and associated Ecosystem (including MSP/CSP/CSI/SI etc.) Serves as a trusted technical advisor for the VAD
Deliver Client Value
- Conducts or facilitates workshops - in concert with the VAD for their downstream partners and Ecosystem - on specific topics - to enable partners to propose solutions that meet their clients' business value and technical requirements
- Builds a network of relevant sales and technical resources required to optimize and help the partners identify opportunities and build the best possible solution for their clients - such as Market teams, Client Centers, Lab Services, Digital Techline Center (DTC), IBM Research, ISVs, Services and others
Share IBM Strategies
- Delivers or facilitates briefings/demos on IBM strategies and solutions - for the assigned VAD or in concert with the VAD for their downstream partners
Apply Client Industry Insight
- Select together with SPR and VAD key focus areas to drive growth
- Establish Technical Enablement Plans for the VADs addressing new solution areas
- On a regular basis together with VAD and SPR - review and update agreed Technical Enablement Plans
Provide IBM Solutions
- Play the role as the trusted advisor for the partners - as opportunities are being identified connect with the extended technical team -such as local CTS on SRAP - or any other IBM teams when help is need to progress an opportunity.
Apply Technical Methods & Models
- Enable the partners as to where and when to apply best practices, IBM tools and processes (e.g. TCO methodologies, Business Transformation Workshops, Technical Delivery Assessment) to deliver high value solution to clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Pre-sales technical systems experience
- Self-starter with an eagerness to seek and develop new skills
- Verbal/written communications and negotiating skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of Experience
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: Yes
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.