Job description / Role
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Presales Customer Solution Manager (here after PCSM) leads and manages strategic presales activities for a given set of opportunities and customers and support driving the digital transformation vision and roadmap. The PCSM serves as a confidante to sales team to plan and orchestrate sales engagements and to set the appropriate team of Specialists. A PCSM is an evangelist for the SAP digital transformation, cloud strategy and solutions in their discussions with customers to influence opinions and inspire action.
The PCSM engages with the customers to ideate on new and innovate solutions and works closely with the team to architect solutions that solve our customer´s most complex business problems. The PCSM must be resourceful and creative and be able to work collaboratively with the SAP virtual account team, partners and customers. The PCSM must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
The Presales Customer Solution Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Serve as the single point of contact for the Account Executives and specific customers in support of sales opportunities being the key driver from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs.
• Orchestrate internal and external engagement as a deal captain, drive deal qualification, prioritization and setting the right team in close co-operation with the Account Executive and Presales Manager.
• Spend time with customers and lead the engagement with key stakeholders by actively participating in customer meetings, events and evangelize business innovation topics in customer industry language and solutions.
• Facilitate innovation workshops with design thinking techniques and ensuring consistent theme and readiness for workshop/demo delivery.
• Own the quality of the solution specific proposals (presentations, demonstrations, innovation workshops etc.) by driving the process from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs
• Co-create the digital transformation vision with key stakeholders at customer and SAP.
• PCSMs hold themselves and others accountable to the standards established via Best-Run for delivering memorable customer engagements.
• Responsible for resource search and reaches out to presales manager for approval and allocation/staffing of the identified resources in the system.
• Drive deliverables as Business Transformation Roadmaps, Solution feasibility studies and proposals, Business case input, RFx´s, Use case stories to fulfil vision, Solution maps, manage PoC, Mock-ups etc
• Build strong relationship with SAP Sales teams and with their assigned customers
• Experienced in presenting to and talking with C-level managers and orchestrate to co-operation of cross teams (Business, IT etc)
• Excellent team management skills and experience with orchestration of complex deals envisioning the big picture and value for the customer
• Provide best-practice guidance on customer processes and present business values related to solution proposition and roadmap
• 8+ years of professional experience including min 5 years of Business Consulting and/or Presales experience in areas appropriate to the job
• Demonstrate successful engagements
• Expert knowledge/expertise on the end-to-end SAP processes/solution
• C-Level messaging and influencing experience
• Experience in sales and presales processes
• Digital transformation, Business Consulting and/or Presales experience
• Leadership experience in virtual and cross- functional teams.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Self-confident, action and result oriented with a passion for success
• Master degree required, MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
• Innovative thinking
• Ability to work in international and virtual teams
• Excellent communication skills on all levels
• Fluency in English & Arabic is a must.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Product Manager