Job description / Role
An experienced technical professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to setup, configure, operate, and integrate Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
Demonstrates expertise to deliver technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects.
The Principal Apps DBA specialist is responsible for administering the Oracle e-Business Suite platform for the enterprise, Oracle database administration, management of technology stack components based on Oracle Fusion middleware and Oracle networking infrastructures.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Solution Design, Support, and Administration of Oracle databases, Oracle e-Business Suite (ERP, Financial, HRMS, MDM etc.), BI Data Warehouse, Oracle Applications web & application servers, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Oracle networking infrastructures on a 7x24 basis.
• Participate in onsite go live activities.
• Install and configure different FMW products with eBS (i.e. SSO, WCC, BIApps ..etc).
• Designs and develops logical and physical table technical designs and conducts SQL engineering through design and code reviews.
• Provides coaching and training to development staff in SQL, DDL, and other database related issues.
• Leads with data operations, monitoring, backup, recovery, cloning and security.
• Designs technical deliverable and develops, maintains and adheres to database and application administration processes and documentation.
• Support Oracle Applications development using, but not limited to, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Forms, Reports, Workflow, Discoverer, Java, JSP, Web Services, XML and the OA Framework.
• Initiates and drives continuous improvement efforts within the organization.
• Maintains the integrity of the database and application environments and leads future state
• Performs promotion and migration activities of software and components through the pre-production to production instances; and operational activities related to the configuration management, backup, monitoring, upgrade, patching, tuning of the Oracle technology stack.
• Serve as a technical expert on Oracle crucial to the success of the Corporation, Counseling, consulting, mentoring, making recommendations and transferring knowledge. Lead assigned projects.
• Perform problem resolution using various techniques like root cause analysis etc
• Expert level experience in following areas:
• Oracle E-Business Suite (11i, R12.1, R12.2) Installation, upgrades, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Cloning, Monitoring, Sizing
• Has strong skills in one or more of the following FMW products (Identity Management, SOA, ICS/OIC, OBIEE/BIApps, and Webcenter suite).
• Oracle Database (9i,10g, 11g, 12c) Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Monitoring, Cloning, Monitoring
• Ability to read and modify PL/SQL, SQL, database triggers, stored procedures, UNIX and Linux shell scripting
• Oracle RAC, RMAN, OEM, ASM, Exadata, Data Guard, Goldengate,
• UNIX, LINUX, Windows
• Oracle Database Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Cloning, Monitoring
• Apache/Tomcat/Weblogic Installation, Patching, Administration, Tuning, Cloning, Monitoring
• Strong English written/verbal communications
• Advanced level of expertise in Oracle FMW and DB Administration.
• Excellent Technical Troubleshooting experience
• Familiarity with Virtualization, especially Oracle VM.
• Inter personal skills.
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment and mentor the team.
• Willing to travel to customer sites across globe on a regular basis.
• Experience in working as part of Global/ Matrixed/ Virtual teams. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-driven. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Excellent Analytical skills.
• OCP is a must, any additional Oracle certifications are advantages but not mandatory.
• TOGAF and ITIL certifications would be preferable.
Experience Desired: 6 to 12+ years
6-12+ years of overall experience in relevant technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Educational Qualifications: B. Tech/B.E./BCA/Diploma in Computers, Information Technology or equivalent
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.