Procurement Business Partner
Nestle Middle East
Job description / Role
Main Purpose of Job:
The Local Business Partner Manager will manage the local procurement support teams for their corresponding GMB/BU sites or business function. He/she will ensure good information flow between the procurement support teams, local sourcing teams and the Above Market category teams. He / she must ensure the development, management and prioritization of procurement activities servicing the GMB/BU/Function at market level to oversee effective delivery against the corresponding GMB/BU/Function strategies as they appear. He/she will understand the local market GMB/BU/Function goals and represent them to category leadership and help shape strategic planning. They will monitor success towards the local level GMB/BU/Function business goals delivered by the category teams and procurement resources and help periodically reassess the targeting and actions by SRM and category teams.
A Day in the Life:
- Understand BU/Function strategies and priorities, translate them into needs and integrate the information into procurement category strategies on procurement across Hub and at market teams. Ensure this information is provided to all critical levels of Category leadership.
- Involved at early stage of NPDI project development within the NiM level work. Understand innovation and renovation plans for GMB/BU/Function at NiM level and interface with any other functional specific groups developing strategy and supplier needs within the NiM. Ensure these strategies are effectively represented and incorporated into category and SRM work.
- Understand category strategies and sourcing plans and represent these to the NiM level GMB/BU/Function leadership at relevant stages throughout the category process. Ensure category strategies and sourcing plans are understood by the NiM level GMB/BU/Function leadership, and effects are debated and discussed with Hub teams/local teams as required. Feedback to the NiM Level leadership supply market evolution and industry outlooks, forward pricing and hedging as and when applicable.
- Ensure supply through effective business continuity plan (BCP) on raw and packaging materials level, this BCP should be developed in alignment with procurement category sourcing strategy as well as business objectives. BCPs should be agreed and aligned on with GMB/BU/Function leadership.
- Monitor and manage the delivery of value to the NiM Level GMB/BU/Function leadership and provide focus, assignments, and motivation, support and coaching to procurement to understand and deliver GMB/BU/Function needs. Ensure the Integration of GMB/BU/Function NiM level business needs into procurement category strategies considering market evolution and expected innovations.
- Agree scope of roles and activities for Procurement Support direct line reports. Set team goals and objectives and manage the local Procurement Support Team with demonstrable, agreed service level of response to changing requirements and project environs.
- Ensure all actions are delivered for all NiM GMB procurement support tasking, and work with GC Leads and local HOP to ensure local tasking is appropriately prioritized. Analyze performance and skill gaps and agree development requirements and training plans. Develop procurement support skills within the Function. Pass on lessons learned to all other BP leads At Market and HOPs as appropriate
Are you a fit?
- 7-10 years of solid procurement experience
- Demonstrated skills of entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully lead projects.
- Transform business needs into procurement strategy through management of purchasing for at least one spends category.
- Recognized as value adder in key business unit meetings.
- Represent procurement in key meetings (i.e., Leadership, business units' meetings, new product launching)
- Global business understanding (for above market role)
- Cross -functional experience
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.