Job description / Role
Procurement Manager - Cairo (Egypt) M/F M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
Responsible for Mobility Cairo Non-Productive Purchases. She/He will plan, direct, coordinate all buyers, purchasing materials, goods, and services activities. Will implement the company purchasing policy, ensuring best practices, corporate policy and the local regulations. She/He will be responsible for building the purchasing team, monitor all purchases activities across all company departments and units.
- Responsible for building the purchasing team.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance of her / his team with relevant regulations and guidelines to purchase goods and services.
- Accountable for issuing and regularly reviewing Mobility Cairo Procurement Policy, procurement annual Plan and Scrap Policy, as well as getting these documents approved by the Customer when applicable.
- Create a Suppliers Register with the support of her / his team, ensuring the pre-qualification of all registered suppliers.
- Closely collaborate with all Mobility Cairo directors to anticipate and timely source their needs as per their respective budget.
- Closely collaborate with the Mobility Cairo Contract Manager and Legal team during contracts negotiation stage.
- Represent Mobility Cairo in all discussions and negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to the RATPDEV and client Procurement reporting and audit requirements.
- Report directly to the Finance Director and work closely with the other finance managers (Chief Accountant ,Treasury, Compliance officer ...)
- Maintain records of goods / services ordered and received.
- Collaborate with Mobility Cairo directorates throughout the tendering / bidding process, draft, prepare and process RfPs, RfQs, requisitions.
- Spearhead the supplier proposal, quotation evaluation process and award process (inclusive of coordinating board approvals).
- Process purchase orders, claims, invoices and contracts in light of Mobility Cairo pro
Other requirements for the role
- Uphold her/his accountability towards her/his team and the business.
- Client focused.
- Leading by example and promoting a culture of Excellence, Pride and Safety across the business.
- Team player, with very good interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and remote management skills.
- Problem solver.
- Cultural sensitivity for being based in a multinational environment (French ideally) / ability to remote connect with colleagues abroad.
- Helicopter view.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Saudi Arabia||18 Feb|
Procurement Manager - High End Residential Fit-Out
Procurement and Stock Manager
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar