Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
All activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines/products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters. Includes hourly, nonexempt and exempt employees as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of installed base including activities such as customer issue resolution, fleet issues, service bulletin implementation, Monitoring & Diagnostics, fleet configuration.
- Maintenance of fleet data, outage management.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline.
- Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance.
- Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks.
- Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems.
- May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent.
- Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor's Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience minimum.
- Knowledge or experience in Data Collection and processing for vibration and machinery diagnostic related issues.
- Mechanical or Electrical field experience in power generation combined cycle or large fossil generation field.
- Fluent in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- ISO 18436-2 Certified
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.