Job description / Role
- You will play a key role in developing a leadership position for Amazon within MENA, by managing the long-term relationship between Amazon and our 3PL transportation service providers in the Egypt.
- In this context, you will be dealing on a regular basis with our carriers and internal stakeholders, which is why you will need to like the exposure and negotiations.
- You will also be accountable for dealing with challenging operations issues that will require a deep analysis of our distribution network, and you will have the ability to implement solutions that will influence the short and long-term operations.
- Within the Supply Chain and Transportation teams, you will be responsible for driving improvements to complex logistics problems, pursuing strategic initiatives and managing innovative projects across our constantly expanding MENA Fulfillment Network (and dealing with the inevitable challenges that come with continuous, rapid growth).
- Executes performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, quality, etc.) for outbound transportation and derive develop improvement plans from it.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfilment centers, and customer service teams to improve customer experience, costs and processes.
- Prepare and lead Ops calls, daily business reviews, WBRs, MBRs, QBRs with our 3PL Carriers.
- Advises Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned.
- Produces and communicates transport plans/forecasts on a regular basis.
- Manages Transportation related escalations.
- Drives root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem.
- Drives innovation by taking ownership of new projects and its operational success.
- Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Business, Economics, Mathematics or similar field.
- Relevant experience in Transportation or Supply Chain, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and commercial understanding.
- Ability to drive complex analysis, and making data driven decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps).
- Master’s level degree or higher preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic
- Familiarity with operations and supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Advanced SQL
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.