Job description / Role
Project Controller (Financial Controller) M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- Manage the financial situation of projects: in charge of the monthly closure of the project(s) with close relations with the accounting department based in Egypt, France and CFO.
- Forecast/reforecast at site completion, gap analysis, intra company invoicing, accruals preparation, cost control reporting and risks & opportunities management.
- Supervise accounting transactions & operation over cash cycle, Account Payable, Account receivable, General Ledgers, inventory, Tax (VAT, Income & withholding)
- Manage and comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings
- In charge of all inventory control duties and responsibilities (book balance, cycle count, stock sufficiency).
- Analyse and report monthly the business performance versus budget to department heads highlighting the overspending areas and follow up the corrective action plans.
- Manage cash flow by tracking/forecasting transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Assist in preparing annual IFRS financial statements and liaise and manage external auditors..
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Measure company performance against external and internal benchmarks.
- Prepare annual business plan and supporting finance strategy. Liaise with banks and other financing institutions in support of financing strategy and set up and develop ERP.
- Ensure the project invoicing being up to date.
- follow up at the Client level and ensure accurate cash-in forecast.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, professional qualification (CPA, ACCA, CMA or IFRS Diploma) is a plus
- At least 8 years relevant work experience within multinational environment; preferably 2 years' experience in transportation/ railway industry
- Experience with statutory financial requirement, Egyptian Accounting Standards (EAS) is a must. Knowledge IFRS reporting standards is favorable
- Experience of SAAG accounting system is desirable
- Prior experience in budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) (specially Excel ).
- Excellent organization, analytical, detailed oriented and planning skills
- Superior mathematical skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
- Strong Knowledge in accounting, IAS/IFRS is a must
- French is a plus
- 01 - Permanent contract
- Africa, Egypt
- Cairo, Egypt
- Level of education required
- Bachelor or equivalent
- Level of experience required
- From 5 to 10 years
- Arabic (D - Mother tongue)
- English (C - Fluent)
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Chief Accounting Officer
Quest Search & Selection
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|