Job description / Role
Project Director - LRT
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of the new Light Railway Transit line and the Cairo Metro Line 3 plus its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for our new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer LRT, the Project Director will plan, organize, manage and control the project portfolio required by the mobilization plan. The Director is a member of the Executive Committee.
Organization and Strategy
- Defining policy and strategy
- Providing the deliverables
- Setting up relationships and processes with NAT
- Define monitor and manage the mobilization company plan
- Participate in the development of company strategy
- Specify technical assistance requirements in conjunction with Directors
- Support staffing, training and HR management
- Develop local best practices through active expert networking
- Attend meetings with NAT head management
- Responsible for the project team and technical assistance support budget (liaising with the Finance Director)
- Set up and structure the department, provide clear leadership, vision and direction
- Develop the mobilization baseline plan in conjunction with all Directors
- Monitor progress against the baseline plan for all departments, to assess the degree of confidence in these plans, the deviations, interface issues and risks
- Report progress against the baseline plan to NAT, highlighting risks and mitigations
- Define relevant KPIs and decide action plan to improve performance.
- Ensure technical data is collected and analyzed to make decisions that will optimize performance
- Lead (monitor and manage) the timely development and the production of documentation including department policies, plans, manuals or operational procedures, supported by technical experts as required
- Promote the company's values, role modelling them within the business and with stakeholders at all levels
- Ensure that the company maintains high standards of ethics and social responsibility in all areas of business
- Deliver the mobilization plan within time and budget.
Human Resources Management
- Provide effective leadership and operational management
- Liaise with HR department to select team members and ensure the recruitment and deployment of resources in accordance with the staffing plan
- Manage the team and create an environment in which they can work effectively.
- Ensure that all the team are aware of and contribute to the achievement of company objectives
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to high standards of safety, customer service and performance.
- Bachelor's degree or preferable a Master's Degree in a relevant field (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering)
- General technical knowledge
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Railway knowledge
- EAM such as Maximo
- At least 15 years' experience in project management, ideally with a knowledge of railway industry with 5 years minimum at a senior management and operational position
- Ability to think strategically, motivate and lead teams.
- Demonstrative ability to set standards and drive initiatives to meet customer expectations.
- Strong people facing and communication skills.
- Highly motivated team player with sound organizational and leadership skills.
- Structured mind-set and action-oriented person.
- A history of building trust with operational managers at all levels through active engagement and positive, business focused interactions.
- Demonstrates strong experience in working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrates a high degree of analytical skills and the ability to be both structured and flexible.
- Experience of delivering excellent outcomes across the full breadth of finance accountabilities - corporate governance, financial reporting, business control, internal auditing, etc.
Benefits & how to apply
Competitive remuneration package available, please apply directly online.
Other requirements for the role
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCES
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels and with the customer.
- Possess analytical and critical ability.
- Possess leadership quality.
- Innovative, creative, and strategic thinking
- Problem solving ability.
- Management skills.
- Able to persuade and influence.
- Arabic - fluent in speaking, reading, writing (preferred).
- English - fluent in speaking, reading, writing.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Rider Levett Bucknall
Operations Director - LRT
Projects Director / Operations Manager - Construction Developer
Senior Maintenance Manager
Senior Director of Project Management
|Saudi Arabia||25 May|