Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Manages client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for IT, business and client requirements.
- Lead in the project activities, track status, monitor and mitigate issues & risks and address project KPIs / benefits
- Manages IBM resources and coordinate client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the client organization
- Construct partnerships between the project office, clients, vendors, and subcontractor organizations, and managing the implementation of these partnerships to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Continuously appraise team performance and provide feedback
- Reviews technical estimates, analyzes risks and plans projects
- Manage third party dependencies and escalate on time.
- Manages contractual cost, schedule, and service or product deliverables.
- Report project status on a periodic basis with timely escalations
- Ensure delivery processes are being followed
- Act as First point of contact for client needs, issues management and/or escalations as required.
- Builds client satisfaction through formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of application, technical, and business solutions, responding to client requirements as specified in the contract or Statement of Work (SOW).
- Identify and leverage interdependencies and integration opportunities; share best practice and learning in market, regionally and cross-program.
- Supports the Project Executive (PE) in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability.
- Owns quality for service provided by the delivery organization and is responsible for tracking and reporting on service level performance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong project management experience in managing projects in IT consulting/services environment.
- Have end-to-end (Project Inception to Go-Live) implementation experience for projects in Banking or Government sectors.
- Experience in managing project delivery in complex or large projects.
- Have strong knowledge on the new growing technologies.
- Ability to drive collaboration and foster highly productive, functional relationships
- Demonstrates agility and ability to drive project completion in expedited timelines through strong project management, planning and prioritisation skills and an eye on continuous improvement.
- Problem solver, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to handle competing priorities and work well under pressure
- A keen focus on robust governance; comfortable to monitor, track and report progress against operational priorities with relevant partners and hold peers accountable against responsibilities and deliverables.
- Global experience in working with different markets that span various cultures, languages, and time zones.
- High IT literacy (tec savvy).
- Excellent Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Experience of working in virtual team
- Self-motivator/team player
- Strong in MS-Project tool.
- Fluent in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in government/banking/pharmaceutical sectors.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certified.
- Agile learning and working practices
- Agile PM/Practitioner certified
- B.Sc. in engineering or information technology.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Project Manager - IX
IBM Middle East
Head of Technology - Perm and Contract
Project Coordinator (PMP)
|Abu Dhabi||5 Mar|
IT Project Manager
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)