Job description / Role
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
This role advises their client on application development methodology and tools. They perform as experts on application development for existing or new applications. This role helps guide and teach their clients' project members. The employee focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's position, team, and department. Requires ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills.
- Draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties. Negotiation is required.
- Recognize job-related problems. analyze causes using existing techniques or tools, prepare and recommend solution alternatives. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
- Works on professional projects; work is often reviewed for developmental purposes.
- Understand the standard mission of the professional group and vision in own area of competence. May directly influence people in own project. Position may require coordination of activities of less experienced or less knowledgeable team members.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Consultant
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term - Long Term
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.