Job description / Role
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Services Bid Management team in Middle East is a cross market unit organization which drives the creation of Services proposals. In the team there are dedicated Bid Managers for the Middle East South.
The Bid Manager will assemble a Bid / Proposal / Tender team with the relevant service, product and business knowledge required to prepare a winning Bid / Proposal / Tender, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end Bid / Proposal / Tender process. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary Bid / Proposal / Tender procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management skills in a dynamic sales environment.
This individual need to demonstrate a proven capability in delivering winning, significant and complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of Bid / Proposal / Tender campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution delivery.
It is required that the individual work at Executive / Director Level (internal and external customer) and be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L, and risk management skills. The successful candidate can manage complex, multi-work stream opportunities and has a solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
Understanding and driving of digital transformation (innovation, cloud, machine learning) is key on the solution experience. SAP Activate methodology and PMI knowledge is necessary.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Plan and manage Bid / Proposal / Tender bid process starting from qualifications to signature including as well SAP value proposition.
- Manage virtual Bid / Proposal / Tender teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, and finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Ensure efficient collaboration with local and global units in SAP
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the Bid / Proposal / Tender, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the Bid / Proposal / Tender process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary).
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant, high quality and commercially sound Bid / Proposal / Tenders which are supporting the SW License and subscription business of SAP.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing (Fluent English).
- Content Management on the SAP Bid / Proposal / Tender collaboration portals.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors` Degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Or Similar Qualification
- Proven SAP project management experience or SAP solution experience
- Communicates and writes in a clear and precise way in English
- Excellent presentation skills and interaction with internal and external customers on all level of the business
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise service briefings
- Ability to take direction from Management
- Ability to understand customers' business, needs, challenges and expectations
- Shows personal commitment with the team and its goals
- Carries out projects in time and high quality with appropriate organization and planning (project management skills)
- Is target and success orientated
- Is ready to constantly develop his / her skills, qualifications, knowledge and personality (learning orientation)
- Is self driven and works independently
- Good Knowledge of services market in MENA required
- The Candidate requires strong knowledge and/or experience in the context of tenders across industry and physical localities.
- The Candidate will exhibit Excellent Social, Professional, Soft skills and Leadership skills.
- It is imperative to have a candidate that has strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Dedication, hands on work to produce offers, customer centricity and team work are not negotiable
- 10+ Years of professional project management or solution implementation experience within the field Services (Sales, Delivery or Business Support roles).
- Experience within the context of working for and supporting a Sales organization, specifically solution sales
- Experience working in a large and multi-national organization.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.