Job description / Role
The project sourcing site leader owns and coordinates the project sourcing operations and is single point of contact to the Projects Product lines on his/her site. He/she assumes the responsibilities of all sourcing activities inside these projects or tenders in accordance with the Sourcing strategy and policy.
Estimated yearly volume : $15M
Connect sourcing imperatives with the product line strategies to support revenues and profitable growth:
• Understand and address market dynamic and trends, and how they impact GE’s customers, suppliers, competitors and the company in terms of price, cash, production costs, global capacity, lead time, internal and supplier capability, barriers to entry and supplier buyer leverage points
• Participate proactively with the tendering team and support the team in winning the tender
• Understand sourcing risks, perform risk assessments of supply base and formulates mitigation strategies
Executes with excellence projects and drive margin expansion:
• Drive sourcing projects from ITO to OTR in collaboration with the respective product line stakeholders
• Drive key sourcing and business metrics including cost, cash, supplier quality, BCC and fulfilment OTD metrics in line with operating plan targets
• Optimize cash-out effort and increase suppliers Days To Pay
• Implement continuous improvement activities in all areas of responsibility to improve operating performance
• Conduct supplier negotiations to resolve issues and achieve business outcomes in full collaboration with strategic sourcing leaders
• Promote his/her site in developing new sourcing opportunities in cooperation with the global commodity leaders
• Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
• The Project Sourcing Site Leader reports direct line to the Regional Project Sourcing Leader
Graduate degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED) with at least 8 years of experience in a Sourcing role
• Negotiation Expertise
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.