Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction Manager
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Advisory Practice. We are looking for an aspirational Real Estate investment professional with corporate finance or strategy background and a focus on Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction (RHC), to join our team at Manager level.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within the TREAS team, you are likely to spend your day working on strategic or operational issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities, with a focus on real estate and hospitality. You will be a key point of contact for the clients, and will also have a vital role in coaching and developing junior members of the team. Your mandate will be to ensure quality deliverables through the supervision of analysts and consultants and managing a portfolio of business.
Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
- Valuation - including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting
- Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) - including lender diligence, real estate M&A diligence, real estate asset diligence, transaction closing proration
- Operational diligence and performance reviews for hotels, malls and leisure/entertainment assets
- Development and Strategic Advisory - feasibility studies, highest-and-best use analysis, concept ideation/development, destination strategy, tourism product development (leisure and entertainment), growth/expansion/entry strategies
- Capital markets - including capital strategy for property and real estate entities, raising equity capital or debt
To qualify for the role you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in Real Estate (preferred), Economics, Finance, Business or Architecture and at least 6 years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with RHC terminology
- Experience in commercial real estate, hospitality or tourism with focus on acquisition, due diligence, real estate valuation, loan underwriting, asset management, finance, or market research.
- High business acumen and strategic mind set
- Flexibility to travel within the region (approximately 25% to 50%)
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling expertise. Argus experience strongly desired
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous real estate experience in professional services/Big 4 or similar consulting firm
- A Master's degree in a relevant field or MBA
- CFA/CAIA/RICS qualification
- Fluency in Arabic language (although not mandatory)
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs .
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region