Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Meet visitors, determine nature of business, direct them to specific destinations and notify concerned person of visitor's arrival
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, records updating, etc.
- Send, receive, dispatch and distribute incoming mail, fax or other materials to relevant parties while tracking courier services
- Maintains safe and clean office area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Supervises administrative staff (office boys and messengers) and dividing responsibilities to ensure optimum performance.
- Coordinates office tasks and activities to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times and to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Typing letters , documents and correspondence
- Makes travel arrangements and schedule meetings, appointments and event calendar
- Monitor, maintaining and ordering office supplies/Stationary
- Meeting rooms booking
- Maintaining log books for visitors, meeting rooms, international and conference calls
- Executes any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager
- Dealing with hotels representatives
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Maximum 2 years of experience.
- Fluency in French & English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft word, power point, excel and the internet and mail
- Able to deal with people at all levels of the organization
- Have very Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Very good Communication, presentation, negotiation skills
- Trustworthy, as you will be working directly with the top management.
- Able to work under pressure
- preferable from New Cairo or nearby areas
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.