Job description / Role
If you're looking for a great team and a challenging, innovative, fun and energetic work environment, you are at the right place. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
We aim to deliver differentiated portfolio and products with maximum impact in the market through defining and building technical capability excellence in people and organisation. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our mission is to leverage our science & technology with the power of R&D.
We are looking for Regulatory Affairs NAMET Regional coordinator to work in Unilever Mashreq- Cairo, Egypt.
• Team player, Creative, Contributes to information on issues, issue management, and regulatory news of the cluster within Regualtory Affairs & R&D.
• Carries out regional data managment and compliance challenges on compliance and all other RA activities in the cluster.
• Supports assessment and implementation of compliance related regulatory change in the region.
• Work closely with Regional R&D, External Affairs, Legal, Marketing and all relevant teams to ensure regulatory and external requirements, restrictions, and risks are identified, accurate, relevant and timely input given to innovation projects across the region for all Unilever product categories (These could be in the areas of claims/ labeling, permitted additives/ formulations, quality standards, new regulations etc)
• Provides a regulatory review and assessments for the countries in which the product is to be marketed.
• Participate Regional Claims Forums and provide regulatory input and approval of claims
• Is expert on regulatory developments which could affect the (category) products in the cluster and ensures that these developments are incorporated into the cluster (innovation)plans
• Provides regulatory updates on regulations affecting the cluster/category on the specific area/category , gives/organizes trainings
• Anticipates regulatory challenges for the future which could drive the external influencing agenda for the cluster as input for the advocacy agenda, innovation plans (=identify changes)
• Coordinates/leads regional regulatory information flow (Btwn Global-Regional-Local regulatory teams)
• Provides local and regional input and expertise to the local, regional and global issue management processes
• Can be the issueleader of topics related to own expertise and cluster
• Manages/organizes regional information flow, liaises with Global Compliance team (and supports managing integration of Global Compliance projects to NAMET) and Global teams where necessary
• University degree in pharmaceutical science, Food Science/Technology, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences
• Minimum 3 years experience in similar positions in similar sectors
• Fluent in English
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.