Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Associate/Professional Lenovo/x86 remote technical support engineer
- Provide hardware remote technical support, troubleshooting and analysis assistance for hardware installation (or reinstallation), usage, configuration questions and software installation for Lenovo/x86 products
- Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide answers for general usage and operation questions.
- Provide problem determination / problem source Identification. Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause.
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Identify suspected defects and engage escalation team to assist in resolution.
- Aid with questions regarding product documentation related to the supported products.
- Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
- Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the hardware platform supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- Supporting English/French customers, NA time zone, Shift based, 24/7.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.Sc. in Electronics/Communication/Computer Engineering - Computer science.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- 0 - 4 years of experience in Technical Support or similar fields
- Fluent in English is a must, Canadian French is a plus .
- Expressing any certain aspect of the work place to make it better "Self-motivated ".
- Handling off hours for business needs, whenever required.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.