Job description / Role
IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of technical support services in the world. The Client Innovation Center in Cairo, Egypt is building a trans-disciplinary team of network support specialists tasked with supporting our clients in any country worldwide.
IBM's client Software Support Specialists are required to deliver post sales Remote Technical Software Support Services in English
- Responding to client queries and providing initial remote technical software support in a timely manner
- Maintaining highest client satisfaction and relationships even in severe and pressurized situations
- Interacting with client and IBM functions consistently until problem solution
- Performing problem management and end-to-end problem ownership by analyzing problems/situations and understanding problem impact on client business
- Employing IBM's standard support delivery methodologies and tools
- Logging all related activities for each customer query and handling client data securely
- Performing in international software support delivery processes and environments
- Java development knowledge is required
This is shift work position. The resource may work in US Time zone shifts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Remote Technical Support or IT fields
- English Fluency is a must
- Ability to work in US time zone
- English fluency is a must
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- RHSCSA or above is preferred
- Previous experience in CentOS, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, JBOSS Wildfly, Apache httpServer(httpd), Apache Tomcat, Docker, Chef (community version) is a big advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Product Services
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.