Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM seeks to hire a Technical Support Professional. We are looking for analytical puzzle solvers who thrive in a driven enterprise customer support environment. You can work both individually and as part of a motivated worldwide team to assist IBM customers to perform problem determination on the IBM Spectrum Protect (aka Tivoli Storage Manager) product. We are seeking demonstrated problem solvers with proven communication skills. In this position, debugging and analysis are performed via the telephone as well as electronically. Candidates must have the desire to wow customers, articulate solutions and options, and take the opportunity to interact with the end users, as well as the developers and sales teams to be a well rounded contributor. The challenge in this position is to able to interpret complex software problems that span across multiple client and server platforms including UNIX, Linux, Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX), and Windows. Knowledge of cloud, Storage Area Networks (SAN), network protocols, and storage devices is preferred. Hands on experience with storage virtualization is a plus. Multilingual capabilities are an asset. Candidates must be flexible in schedule and availability. If you are self motivated and collaborative, join us and prepare to learn.
IBM's client Software Support Specialists are required to deliver post sales Remote Technical Software Support Services in English
- Responding to client queries and providing remote technical software support in a timely manner.
- Maintaining highest client satisfaction and relationships even in severe and pressurized situations.
- Interacting with client and IBM functions consistently until problem solution.
- Performing problem management and end-to-end problem ownership by analyzing problems/situations and understanding problem impact on client business.
- Employing IBM's standard support delivery methodologies and tools.
- Logging all related activities for each customer query and handling client data securely.
- Performing in international software support delivery processes and environments.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include, assistance interpreting traces and dumps).
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Provide assistance on supported product known defects for which available corrective service information and program fixes are available.
- Identify suspected defects and engage development teams to assist in resolution.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding product documentation related to the supported products
- Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
- Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the software platform supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills.
This is a shift work position. The resource will work in US time zone shifts in our Egypt office which is based in Smart Village.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluency in English; written and oral
- Bachelors Degree; Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows); Experienced/Advanced usage preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of storage devices and peripherals; Experienced/Advanced usage preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of databases ex: DB2 ..etc
- Flexibility to work in Shifts (US time zone shift)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- It's recommended to have IBM badges In different levels ( Explorer, Innovator & New Collar ) from " Digital Nation Africa : https://developer.ibm.com/digitalnation/africa/badges/ "
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.