Job description / Role
Kempinski Nile Hotel
Located in Egypt's beautiful capital, Kempinski Nile Hotel offers guests a boutique five-star experience on the banks of the Nile River.
Right in the heart of Cairo's Garden City district in down-town, guests are only a short drive from the Pyramids of Giza, shopping areas and local attractions.
Kempinski Nile Hotel caters to large groups, couples and solo travelers offering 137 rooms and 54 exclusive suites in an unforgettable environment. All suites come with their own private balcony so guests can relax and enjoy a beautiful view of the Nile River.
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski's DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction
- Responsible to Assistant Restaurant Manager/ Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for Head Waiter/ Waitress, Waiter/ Waitress & Host/ Hostess
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel's policy manual and the hotel's policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English; Any additional languages are an advantage.
- Operational knowledge of the role.
- Luxury Hotel Experiences.
- Communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Opera; Good knowledge of Micros.
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.