Job description / Role
Retail Area Sales Manager - Faces Egypt
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for:
The Area Manager is a key resource in ensuring that their Shop Supervisors/Managers maximize the commercial performance of their retail shops and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. The Area Manager also establishes a bridge between back-office and their network of stores which they control/audit on a continuous basis and implement corrective solutions and actions.
As a key role in the organization, Area Manager must display a capacity to fully stand the values of Chalhoub Group with a strong focus on Leadership: Respect - Fairness, Integrity, Humility , Excellence - Role Model, Commitment and Efficiency and Entrepreneurial Spirit - Leadership, Ingenuity and Team Spirit .
What you'll do
- Promote delivery of exceptional Guest Experience & build customer loyalty
- Ensure that shop floor employees are properly trained and coached in customer service excellence
- Assess customer service in network of stores through bi monthly SOQLE review
- Use review of SOQLE results to set improvement targets in customer service excellence
- Monitor that staff grooming and uniforms are as per standards through SOQLE
- Propose remedial action plan to RSM following mystery shopping results
- Monitor that approved remedial action plan is executed in stores
- Review customer complaints and incident report involving customers weekly with store manager and provide advice and coaching
- Monitor that store managers distribute these targets on customer loyalty to sales executives through their individual line targets and set targets for store managers in their own individual line targets and monitor performance vs. targets
- Review plans of contacts of customers with store managers during visits and monitor execution
- Manage store topline & gross margin achievement
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales target per store are properly communicated to store managers on a timely basis
- Validate monthly line targets to sales executives proposed by Store managers and check alignment with store budget targets and alignment with menu set by RSM
- Review monthly how to address low performance of sales executives if any
- Motivate and align shop floor staff on objectives by performing weekly huddle in stores and adapt the weekly theme to business requirements (e.g. understanding of product catalog during season, new product launches, etc..)
- Actively participate in preparation and execution of store budget (mainly top line)
- Network changes (New store opening and store closure)
- Ensure commercial preparation of store before opening and during first months of operations
- Act as the local commercial project manager for smooth preparation of store opening and monitor stabilization of operations
- Submit retro plan on commercial part of calendar of store opening to RSM and local project management team
- Execute the staffing plan
Product and coaching related to product
- Ensure new products/new season collection are properly explained to shop floor employees
- Ensure alignment of communication of shop floor employees on products through coaching on sales techniques related to products and during weekly huddles
Effectively review & manage store operations
- Make sure that stores are properly staffed and monitor that administrative responsibilities are assigned to one specific staff at all time
- Monitor that administrative responsibilities are assigned at all time to, at least, one specific staff and that administrative KPIs are properly
- Review overall compliance of stores to Store Manual monthly with Retail Operations Specialist and decide jointly on action plan
- Monitor that action plan on back-store operations is properly executed by store managers
- Coordinate with Retail Store Operations Specialist for proper solution to operational issues disrupting sales
- Approve petty cash reimbursement based on summary of expenses
- Receive copy of supply requests sent by store managers to Retail operations specialists
- Assortment, Visual Merchandising and Marketing
- Monitor that VM activities are executed in network of stores
- Monitor that Marketing activities are executed in network of stores
- Store Inventory Management
- Responsible of stock variance in stores along with store managers
- Effectively manage & control store expenses (Uniforms, VM, store expenses, etc.)
- Ensure expenses related to uniform and petty cash remains within budget
- Team Management
- Act as a coordinator between store network and local back-office for smooth execution of activities
What you need to succeed in this role
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, Prioritizing for Results & Operational Excellence, Prioritizing for Results & Operational Excellence,Engaging, Aligning & Developing People and Teams Foundation Behavioral. More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Retail with at least 3 years in a similar role
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any relevant field
- Excellent Comand in both arabic and English
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.