Job description / Role
Risk Advisor M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The risk Advisor is part of the risk management team responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of risk management system including risk policies and procedures in an organization.
He / She will help the organization to identify, manage and prepare for risk, as well as develop strategies to minimize risk. This covers several areas, including operational risks and corporate risks.
Build good working relationships with our business areas, customers and stakeholders to deliver effective risk identification, mitigation & reduction within the organization.
- As a support to the Quality & Risk Manager, the Risk Officer is committed to the development and implementation of the Risk Management System and the Change Control Management system. To continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the systems once implemented,
- Support the implementation of the Risk Management System and the Change Control Management System across the organization,
- Establish, review, and update the risk management framework, policy, strategy, and procedures as required,
- Identifying and prioritizing immediate and potential future risks and addressing these pro-actively,
- Assist in the coordination of the effective management of risk to eliminate or minimize risk exposure, including review of controls and actions,
- Assessing the risk management practices and recommending plans for building risk management programs,
- Prepare risk management reports and Risk Management Review Panel and action or follow up on items raised,
- Evaluation of hazards and risks associated,
- Monitor the results and efficiency of the mitigation measures,
- Review and follow up risk management incident notifications,
- Assist with the maintenance and operational service risks,
- Consult with relevant departments to determine, quantify, and mitigate risks involved in establishing and maintaining various customer and industry relationships,
- Provide training and advice to management and staff to assist them to manage risk,
- Advising the customers on successful risk management strategies to improve decision making and the pursuit of key business goals,
- Implementing the latest tools and technologies to protect and add value to the business,
- Prepare and deliver risk management and change management training programmes to develop competencies across the organization.
- Promote a positive Safety culture within the workplace and attend any Safety related meetings/briefings as required within the Job role,
- Comply with the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and Safety Management System,
- In conjunction with the HSE& Quality Manager, ensure that all accidents and 'near misses' are properly recorded, reported and investigated to determine the root causes,
- Submission of Hazard observations in accordance with Hazard observation reporting guidelines,
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in risk management activities including reports
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in English is a must
- Arabic native speaker
- Knowledge of ISO 31000-Risk Management is required.
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of business continuity principles.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years experiences in Risk Management activities;
- Understanding of relevant policies, procedures and processes relating to risk management and an appreciation of the policies and long-term goals of the department and that of the wider organization in which it operates;
- Highly motivated and flexible to be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events, and emergencies;
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot critical matters; good adaptability and ability to work in flexible hours to meet the company demand and deadlines;
- Rail Transportation or automobile industry Sector Knowledge is preferred;
- Ability to deal with complex matrix organization and multiple interfaces.
Benefits & how to apply
We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.