Job description / Role
Responsible for achieving hotel targets by optimising revenues through an assigned account base, as well as prospecting new clients in assigned markets. Assigned markets may change according to hotel needs. The key measurement of performance will be performance versus the Revenue goals.
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay introduces luxurious European service with Egyptian hospitality at the premier holiday destination on Egypt's Red Sea coast. The hotel comprises 325 rooms, including 34 suites with a luxurious interior design. We provide a remarkable dining experience in 6 food & beverages with special culinary highlights. The Fitness Center provides a gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and 4 treatment rooms, where certain massages can be arranged through The Cascades Spa & Thalasso. The Soma Bay leisure facilities include diving & snorkeling, tennis & squash as well as golf facilities located just a few minutes away from the hotel.
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account base or geographic area, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel.
- Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
- SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
- Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and execute set actions accordingly.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
- Execute sales actions within set cost budget structure.
- Update OPERA contact database at all times.
- Cross sell other Kempinski Hotels.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Egyptian Nationality.
- A minimum of five years experience in sales positions within the luxury hospitality industry.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in Arabic and English; Any Additional languages are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect.
- Planning and Organisation skills.
- Revenue and target focus.
- Excellent negotiation skills and selling skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of the local market and related network.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.