Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Provide consulting and technical expertise on customer engagements
• Work with security teams around EMEA to perform security consulting activities
• Recommend and create use cases, rules, and playbooks for customers
• Write technical reports about TTPs and security trends
• Knowledge of the current threat landscape, including common attack types and malware capabilities
• Proficiency in using security tools such as QRadar, Splunk, Resilient, Cortex XSOAR
• Proven experience in building and deploying use cases, correlation rules and playbooks
• Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages
• Demonstrated excellent communications and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and associated security platforms
• Experience analyzing threat intelligence at global scale
• Experience in designing security strategy, threat modeling, threat detection, incident response
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.