Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
What the role involves:
Our sales people are lucky enough to sell some of the world's most innovative IT Security solutions. And they also get to interact with clients in a wide array of fields. To make sure you make the most of these opportunities, you'll benefit from some of the best sales training in the world; to help you grow your career and gain exposure to international clients. There are two streams of sales roles on the graduate scheme; those that are out in the field, where you'll be visiting clients and will be the face of our business relationship with them. And there are those that are more office based, where you'll be talking to our clients, exploring their needs, explaining the benefits of our technology and selling solutions to them.
- Responsible for the sale and support of IBM Security solutions, services, products and offerings, including those from IBM Business Partners, you'll be the face of our business relationship with clients.
- Specializing by industry, customer set, channel, brand, solution or offering, you'll work collaboratively to provide solutions that best meet our clients' needs and contribute to their marketplace success.
Initially you will work alongside experienced sales teams working with Clients and Business Partners, giving presentations and attending promotional events.
- You will also contribute and support sales management in running critical business and client programmes, learning about sales operations and devising sales strategies.
- Six months after successful completion of IBM Sales School (approximately 18 months after joining) you'll be expected to take on a sales target of your own and to deliver new business to IBM.
What we look for:
You will need to:
- Have a passion for Security in IT and Business
- Be looking to achieve (or already have) a 2:1 honours - in any degree
- Have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Have a high degree of drive and energy
- Have the ability to foster lasting client relationships
- Have a flexible attitude to your working patterns (you'll often need to work at different sites and IBM offices across the MEA region)
- Support the Security Team throughout the lifecycle of the sales process. From Identification to Closure
- Support deals and bids both commercially and in delivery
- Support Management in campaigns, programmes and operations across the team
- Build the confidence and the trust to lead and take ownership of opportunities/deals
- Shadow and learning client situations
- Support sellers on client meetings and build the confidence/trust to lead meetings yourself
- Seek out responsibility to support the development and closure of our team targets
- Support and develop a territory plan and business development pack
- Explore and support broader programmes across the SBU and IBM to support out business and expand your knowledge
- Explore different training programmes both inside and outside of Security
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Fluency in English
- IT background ( Computer Science , Computer Engineering, Business Informatics)
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.