Job description / Role
Position is for a Techno-functional Support Professional, preferably with implementation background in Oracle eBiz Applications HRMS modules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing excellence in customer service support, diagnosis, replication, resolving Functional and Technical issues of complex and critical service requests. The focus of this position is to provide Customer Service on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each issue reported by customer.
The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex techno-functional problems. The key skills put to use on a daily basis are - high level of techno-functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction/service expertise.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Education & Experience:
• BE, BTech, MCA or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience may be considered.
• 7+ years relevant working experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have good understanding of the following Oracle Applications HRMS 12.1.3 capabilities:
• We are looking for a techno-functional person who has real-time hands-on functional/product and/or technical experience; and/or worked with L3 level support; and/or having equivalent knowledge.
We expect candidate to have:
• Strong HCM / HRMS business processes knowledge and concepts.
• Implementation & 2 Support experience on EBS HRMS Apps Modules like HR, Payroll, SSHR, Time & Labor modules(OTL) and Advance Benefits, nice to have EBS HRMS Apps implementations with localizations knowledge.
Technical Skill Set: PL/SQL, XML Publisher Report, Workflow, Forms , OAF/ADF, Interfaces , Conversions
• Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle EBS HCM.
• Technically Strong with Expert Skills in SQL, PLSQL, Java, OAF, Reports
• Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle HRMS.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong Customer interactions and service orientation so you can understand customer’s critical situations and accordingly provide the response, and mobilize the organizational resources, while setting realistic expectations to customers.
• Strong operations management and innovation orientation so you can continually improve the processes, methods, tools, and utilities.
• Strong team player so you leverage each other’s strengths. You will be engaged in collaboration with peers within/across the teams often.
• Strong learning orientation so you keep abreast of the emerging business models/processes, applications product solutions, product features, technology features – and use this learning to deliver value to customers on a daily basis.
• High flexibility so you remain agile in a fast changing business and organizational environment.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation for architecture, design, technical, implementation, support and test activities.
• Self driven and result oriented
• Strong problem solving/analytical skills
• Strong customer support and relation skills
• Effective communication (verbal and written)
• Willing to learn new skills and share them with others
• Strong in Influencing/negotiating the solutions
• Good Team player
• Customer focused
• Confident and decisive
• Values Expertise (maintaining professional expertise in own discipline)
• Organizational skills
• Values and enjoys coaching/knowledge transfer ability
• Values and enjoys teaching technical courses
Shift working is mandatory. Candidate should be open to work in evening, night shifts, week ends on rotation basis.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.