This position is closed or expired.
See other Accounting jobs
Senior Auditor - Assurance
Ernst & Young
As Assurance Senior, you'll make a technical contribution to audit client engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures, supervise junior engagement team members and help define the audit strategy. Working under the supervision of an assurance manager and senior manager, you'll help execute our work and present its findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of in assurance engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Assurance and across other services
- Coach, supervise and conduct performance review and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of all staff
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques
- Three years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience of the entire audit process
- Familiarity with IFRS and local GAAP
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Understanding of Q&RM procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Additional skills requirements
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Strong academic record including a degree
- Proficiency in Arabic language skills are highly desirable
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.