Job description / Role
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 70%
Career Status: Professional
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Purpose and Objective of Job:
SAP Egypt CoE, seeks a Senior Support Engineer responsible to understand and proceed on the new business models and operational challenges of Premium Engagement & Enterprise Support Customers.
Expectations and tasks of the job:
Provide necessary methodology and content to drive the innovation agenda with continual redefining of requirements and industry business models. Deliver innovations engage pro-actively with Premium Engagement and Enterprise Support customers using a holistic approach to analyze, understand and define action plans for customer's situation. Support customers in increasing the value they get out of their SAP Solution with reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Resolve production down situations and escalations. Ensure customer satisfaction and success, secure maintenance revenue and protect the SAP brand. Deliver in an efficient way industrialization is a must. Build supportability features, standardize and automate delivery of content and invent new delivery models.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Identifies top issues in key account engagements
- Perform analysis of system landscape and technical issues
- Perform analysis of core business processes for all applications
- Perform analysis of system and application operation including Performance optimization
- Delivery Onsite & Remote services for Premium Engagements , Enterprise Support and Mission Critical Support (escalations & task forces, MCS Backoffice) including Optimization, Assessment, Technical Integration/ Validation, Empowering trainings and workshops and Engineering Services
- Actively provides customer feedback to development based on delivery
- Ensures that services and documentation are available and up-to-date for the respective area of expertise
- Delivers root cause analysis, provides solutions, and delivers services for specific fields / areas
- Participates in internal projects driven by internal requirements
- Participates in Backoffice and de-escalation support activities
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field of study
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic,
- strong presentation skills, ability to think freely and innovatively, strong cultural awareness, respect, diplomacy, and professionalism, and is highly customer service oriented with strong customer management skills
- fixable with high change agility
- Proven problem-solving skills and strong work ethic are required
Experience must include 5-6 years with at least one of the following Roles:
- SAP Basis Administration with HANA experience is preferred.
- SAP Technical Architectural experience (IT Planning).
- SAP Migrations, Upgrades and Performance Tuning.
- Strong Technical & Leadership Skills to be able to cover the following topics with technical team:
- The solution and system technical design feasibility.
- Ensure that the technical infrastructure can handle the expected load according to the business requirements.
- The scalability and performance of the solution.
- Analysis of business requirements and the impact on the technical and operational setup.
- Support integration and volume testing.
- Support the go live.
- The concept for the future operations and rollout strategy.
- Implementation of end-to-end solution operations and SAP Solution Manager.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.