Job description / Role
• Provide drafting support in the Department, including producing 2D and 3D drawings, perspectives, visuals, audios, virtual tours etc., leveraging AutoCAD, BIM, Revit and other software and technologies, as required
• Read and understand architectural drawings / models or computer models, as needed
• Participate with design team in solving design questions and issues, as instructed
• Assume ownership and responsibility for a definable part of a project, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of workloads as per K&A standards and quality policies and procedures
• Design and prepare detailed routine and non-routine, electronic working plans, charts and scale drawings for projects of medium complexity, utilizing sketches, specifications, measurements, observations and verbal instructions with minimal supervision
• Produce clear, concise and visually appealing conceptual diagrams (in 2D and 3D) to illustrate engineering concepts
• Review prepared drawings and models with CAD Supervisors to ensure the adherence to K&A’s policies, procedures, standards and specifications
• Support CAD Supervisors with the provision of drafting support for more complex projects, as needed
• Implement corporate policies and procedures, including quality control measures
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred/Technical Diploma in Drafting or related
10-20 years of experience in the construction Industry specifically in operation production support in a top tier regional / multinational consultancy or contractor
• Excellent knowledge of CAD software
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Good communication skills.
• General knowledge of construction methods and current building construction codes
• Proficiency in spoken and written English & Arabic
• Excellent knowledge in drafting tools, such as AutoCAD, BIM, Revit etc.
• Experience with leading production / drafting teams
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).