Job description / Role
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team
You will help our clients evaluate and enhance their business. You will be part of our account centric growth strategy focusing on issue-based and competency-driven client needs. That's what differentiates EY in the advisory marketplace.
Your key responsibilities
- Everything you will be involved in comes down to providing excellent customer service and helping ensure your teams do the same. Whether it is; managing multiple client teams, leading IT internal audit engagements, external audit integration, or SOC reporting as well as assisting with business development activities across financial services' sectors, you will build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to your clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing guidance and knowledge, participating in performing procedures focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues
- Working with the team/client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives. Making sure the strategy complies with professional standards and addresses the inherent risks. Briefing the team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends
- Maintaining relationships with client management, managing expectations around work products, timing, and deliverables billing
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of complex information systems and the client's business/industry.
- Demonstrating excellent project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with team members. Using current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of related work experience
- A degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- Approximately 5 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk advisor for a public accounting firm, professional services firm or financial services company, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
- Solid experience leading IT internal audit, external audit, service organization control reporting and/or IT internal controls engagements and assisting with business development activities within financial services
- Experience with internal audit risk assessments, SOX/internal controls, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA or CFE certification is desired
- Based on an individual's professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes with written consent of EY's Americas IT Risk & Assurance leadership.
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry.
- An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.