Job description / Role
Senior Legal Counsel M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The purpose of the Legal Department is to defend the interests of the RATP Dev Group (the "Group") with the main focus on RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC), its executive employees, and contribute to its development by implementing relevant legal expertise. The legal function is also responsible for ensuring that the Group's regulations and more generally corporate governance are enforced on RDMC.
In order to best contribute to the operations of the RATP Dev Group (the "Group"), the Legal Department constitutes a function that is coherent and indivisible worldwide, regardless of the reporting line of each lawyer. In this respect all in-house lawyers belong to the Group's Legal Department, and respectful of RATP Dev values they endeavour to favour the general interests of the Group. This role is considered an extension of the Legal Department Group to which they fully belong and will be in charge, under the conditions detailed herein, of the legal support activities for RDMC
As a Senior Legal Counsel, it is his/her duty to create a robust legal environment for the Project through:
- Administration of existing contracts.
- Forming new contracts to govern all aspects of operations.
- Compliance assurance to internal processes and guidelines.
- Compliance assurance to local and international law governing the operation.
- Risk control and management for existing and future conditions.
- Legal support of any and all project issues regarding the Cairo Metro project.
Other requirements for the role
- Master II Law Degree from a reputable university in Egypt or other / BAR admission in Egypt or other country
- International accreditation and diplomas are a plus.
- Fluent in English and Arabic native speaker is a must.
- Document control processes.
- Advanced computer skills / Microsoft Office pack mastering.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience with a large reputable law firm, or as an in-house lawyer for major international firms.
- Duly experienced for identifying law issues and ability to resolving them in a pragmatic manner on a large-scale project.
- Ability to negotiate with clients/customers, administrations, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Proficiency and expertise in Company and Corporate Law matters in Egypt.
- Ability to perfectly understand and manage compliance processes (International Rules/ French Spain 2 law).
- Rail transportation, construction, automobile, or aircraft industry sector knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction law and long-term contracts.
- Claims negotiations experience.
- Experience in litigation, mediation and/or arbitration in Egypt or other countries.
- Corporate experience in writing and administering contracts.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot critical matters; good adaptability and ability to work in flexible hours to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- International corporate environment experience.
- Ability to deal with complex matrix organisation
- 01 - Permanent contract
- Africa, Egypt
- Level of education required
- Master or equivalent
- Level of experience required
- From 10 to 15 years
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.