Job description / Role
Senior Maintenance Manager - LRT
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of the new Light Railway Transit (LRT) line and the Cairo Metro Line 3 plus its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for our new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The purpose of this position is to develop strategy and exercise effective leadership in the planning, development, and management of the Maintenance Department and provide professional support and advice to other contracts as required. The position includes achievement of contractual and internal targets for safety, maintenance activities, service reliability, cleaning standards, supervision of maintenance contractors, environmental management, human resource management, financial targets, legal and stakeholder management.
- Lead the maintenance department in the day-to-day operation.
- Develop the maintenance management documents (strategy/policy/guidelines)
- Build and develop the Maintenance Department employees to full strength, and coordinate resources including hiring and management of qualified maintenance managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Gather the different weekly/monthly/yearly reports from the maintenance department to issue the report to the Chief Operating Officer LRT.
- To develop, agree and manage a robust strategy and annual plans for the contract/s to meet the contractual requirements and business targets.
- To contribute towards developing the strategy of the parent organisation.
- To ensure a business development strategy is in place, to deliver the contract/s growth aspirations in line with the commitment, including ad-hoc additional challenges.
- To ensure effective financial management is in place to achieve turnover, profit and cash targets, and to meet corporate and legal requirements.
- Prepare and develop the required customer presentations.
- Follow-up the budget with the different maintenance department
- Follow-up the required actions from the HSQE department
- Follow-up the maintenance program
- Interact with NAT on the ongoing projects (Extensions, Rolling Stock)
- Follow-up the interface between the operation and the customer
- Promote the company's values, role modelling them within the business and with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ensure that the company maintains high standards of ethics and social responsibility through all transactions.
- Support the implementation of robust processes across the operations activities with emphasis on safety and quality, liaising with HSQE Director.
- Ensure that all potential risks that may come from performed activities are identified and mitigated and ensure that employees, contractors, and visitors are aware of health and safety procedures and any relevant legislation.
- Be mindful that Health and Safety, Quality, Security and Environmental is everyone's responsibility and as such ALL employees are accountable for reporting and intervening in Health and Safety, Quality, Security and Environmental violations.
- Bachelor's degree or preferable a Master's Degree in a relevant field (Mechanical / Electrical Engineering)
- General technical knowledge
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Railway knowledge
- EAM such as Maximo
- At least, 15 years' relevant experience in railway project.
- Spent a minimum of 10 years in a railway maintenance environment.
- Have an experience in the change management culture.
- A proven track record of successfully leading a maintenance department within the rail operations and maintenance industry.
- Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating, and developing staff.
- Must be politically incisive in communicating effectively with government agencies, board members, clients, contractors, and staff.
Benefits & how to apply
Competitive remuneration package, please apply directly online.
Other requirements for the role
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & EXPERIENCE:
- Deputy maintenance executive
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels and with the customer.
- Possess analytical and critical ability.
- Possess leadership quality.
- Innovative, creative, and strategic thinking
- Problem solving ability.
- Management skills
- Arabic - fluent in speaking, reading, writing (preferred)
- English - fluent in speaking, reading, writing
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Maintenance Improvement Manager Metro
Project Director - LRT
Building and Facilities Manager