Job description / Role
The project is 4 medium rise towers + 10 G+10 buildings and their common podium. The service includes project and cost management as well as overseeing the services by the designers and site supervision consultant(s). Project duration expected is 40 months.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing input to the procurement of the mechanical and electrical trades packages.
• Providing constructability input to the design process.
• Managing all mechanical and electrical and building services aspects and site control for the M&E phases of a project on behalf of the project director.
• Ensuring delivery of agreed construction performance targets for the project.
• Managing all onsite interfaces and de-conflict tasks and alleviate risks.
• Managing the appropriate construction safety reports and company safety instructions applicable to the site and project scope.
• Ensuring that risk assessments and safe systems of work submitted by contractors meet the requirements of the company management systems.
• Providing construction reporting and forecasting against the project in order to deliver the requirements.
• Supporting the early identification and notification of contract variances for process through the project management team and that they are fully and properly recorded.
• Preparing and participating actively in the project hand over process and ensure that all appropriate documental evidence are provided.
• Understanding and implementing project procedures for all MEP contractors and support in the package management of other trade contractors where necessary.
• Setting up clear lines of communication with consultants and MEP contractors to address shortfalls and issues that may arise in a timely manner.
• Providing advice to project teams on planned logistics arrangements.
• Reviewing and accepting related project delivery plans submitted by MEP subcontractors.
• Managing and chairing meetings with the contractors and client as well as design consultants.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have MEP, construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Head of MEP - Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||15 Sep|
BAC Middle East
MEP Manager (Contractor)
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||24 Aug|
MEP Coordinator - Immediate
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|
MEP Construction Manager