Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
MEP Engineer is responsible for planning and design in the area of Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing (MEP) system including developing policies standard, inspection procedure and evaluation tools for MEP matters along with prepare, review drawing, specification and cost estimates for the mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
Working as part of the Technical Office team, reporting to the Technical office manager, MEP Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the project relating to building services, Lx MEP design. The role includes the management of the MEP team to ensure that the day-to-day duties are performed professionally and expeditiously to support the ongoing progress of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and develop detailed designs and B.O.Q. according to Specifications
- Prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and general piping system
- Provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System
- Analyze mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Identify problems in design, plan, manage and deliver multiple projects
- Plan, organize the review and evaluate the work of consultant, contractor, and others
- Manage the day-to-day work of the MEP team
- In conjunction with the document controller, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same
- Review Contractor's installation method statements
- Review Contractor's shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Project Director with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period
- Review and prepare RFI, B.O.Q. , Material submittals , list of drawings etc
- Review and prepare Test and Commissioning protocols
- Attend project, site progress and any MEP services related technical meetings as directed by the T.O. manager
Qualification and Experience
- Mechanical or Electrical University degree in Engineering
- At least 7 years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines in reputable companies and projects
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications, and schematics associated with trade
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- English language is a must
- knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and Project management software.
- HVAC Expert.
- Electrical Power and Lighting.
- Fire Alarm Expertise.
- Energy Management.
- Attention to Details.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP Project Director
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Associate Director - MEP - Engineering Consultancy
Ignite Search & Selection
MEP QA/QC Manager
Transguard Workforce Solutions