Job description / Role
About the role
The OBS IT department is in charge of decision-making information systems, serving Orange Business Services different line of businesses such as marketing, pre-sales, sales, production, after-sales services, and customer-service for both France and international domains.
In this context, the ServiceNow development Cairo Team is a new team within OBS IT, aiming building customer and partner solutions using the Service Now platform and maintaining them. This is a main building block in helping the customers in their digital transformation journey.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Service Now developer will be working closely with the technical lead, the SCRUM master managing the project and architect in addition to the product IT delivery manager.
In an Agile context, the service now developer is required to undertake the following responsibility:
- Fully understand the ServiceNow ecosystem
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Mentor, coach and collaborate with the rest of the development team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementing of security and data protection.
- Learn service now technology as needed.
- Build complex solutions using service now.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Autonomy to work on different issues
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Expertise in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database (SQL server/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra)
- ServiceNow technology
- Proficiency in the below is a plus:
- in developing REST API (+ Swagger)
- code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Test tools (Code Quality / Vulnerability / Performance etc...)
- working in Agile and DevOps is a plus
- ITIL foundation knowledge (certificate is a plus)
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- 5+ years' experience in the IT field
- 2+ years' experience in development activities
Chief Technology Info Office
Orange Business manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.
About the Company
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2022 and 136,000 employees worldwide at 31 December 2022, including 75,000 employees in France. The Group has a total customer base of 287 million customers worldwide at 31 December 2022, including 242 million mobile customers and 24 million fixed broadband customers. The Group is present in 26 countries. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies under the brand Orange Business.