Job description / Role
Want to change the way millions of people communicate, shop, and have fun? Do you want to be the lead for a newly established team with an exciting charter?
MENA Tech focuses on building innovative solutions for expanding Amazon business in UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Development Engineer who can build innovative & mission critical system software applications, and tools. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. You will be responsible for delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
We want a highly technical individual with strong leadership to help put Amazon's products in the hands of customers all around the globe.
• Ability to design and code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
• Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
• As a senior engineer, you will be expected to mentor others on the team and raise the bar on high level design. You will be expected to convert business goals into tech solutions.
• Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
• Strong system design and software architecture skills.
• 5+ years of professional experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience with Spring MVC
• Experience with working with different teams members with various skills-set
• 7+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Experience with AI or Machine Learning
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.