Job description / Role
Amazon is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Amazon attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
• We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior, Vendor Manager to help create a best-in-class experience for Retail Categories.
• Responsibilities include managing the full scope of the category and vendor portfolio, building and sustaining strategic relationships with key global manufacturers and suppliers, improving the end-to-end Amazon customer experience, and helping to shape the evolution of how customers shop online for these categories.
• We are looking for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth.
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to hire and develop a high-performing team.
• Dives deep into inputs and understands the downstream impact of changes to pricing, selection, and convenience for multiple subcategories
• Owns the Retail P & L for multiple subcategories; develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement
• Creates strategic and prioritized vendor marketing plan that maximizes margin dollars and customer experience
• Audits all elements of multiple subcategory businesses (e.g., inputs, outputs, site experience, team performance), performs deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes, and makes decisions based on data
• Identifies areas that need vendor attention and directs team to address issues; acts as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts
• Represents category in category business meetings, responds concisely to Sr. Leadership call outs
• Expands current vendor selection and secures new brand selection for multiple sub-categories
• Focuses on strategic holdout or challenging vendors to increase selection
• Drives strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth for sub-categories
• Creates opportunities for growth, customer acquisition, and brand building for multiple subcategories
• Influences strategic or complex vendors to prioritize customer experience by lowering costs, improving the supply chain, reducing defects, and driving efficiencies
• Provides feedback on existing programs or initiates the creation of new programs to drive vendor participation
• Audits metrics regularly; evaluates products and services to continually drive quality of customer experience across multiple sub-categories
• Aggregates and escalates industry trends; develops plan and prioritizes work to ensure optimal customer experience
• Works cross functionally to implement scalable solutions to address customer pain points
• Identifies opportunities to differentiate our customer experience from the competition; escalates findings to consider for strategic planning
• Develops long-term strategies and significantly influences cross-category plans
• Develops and implements multiple sub-category action plans
• Determines and prioritizes business opportunities, identifies risks and makes recommendations to pursue; incorporates into long-term strategies for multiple subcategories
• Partners with cross-functional teams to develop and propose an annual plan for multiple subcategories
• Owns Press Release, Narratives and other internal communications for multiple sub-categories
• Identifies scalable changes to the category that automate the product lifecycle
• Creates long-term category solutions that automate or simplify category processes
• Establishes business or process requirements, drives prioritization, and manages implementation across multiple teams/categories
• Works with internal technical, cross-category, and tech teams to drive multi-system process changes
• Holds team accountable for maintaining robust process documentation
• Provides regular peer feedback and coaching
• Actively seeks feedback from others; is self-aware; identifies areas for personal growth and sets goals for development Implements Amazon’s best recruiting practices and continuously raises the bar for hiring
• Bachelor’s degree. 10+ years of relevant experience in Fashion retail, operations with a proven record of accomplishment of negotiations and delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including technical, engineering, marketing, design, and merchandizing teams
• Strong leader with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with and influence all levels across Amazon.
• Independence and flexibility
• Accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed team leadership
• Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
• Proficiency at leveraging precious resources
• Experience indirectly leading operational and project teams
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development. Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools. Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done.
• Experience launching a new country.
• Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.