Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for Server Solutions sales and business development. This is senior leadership role accountable for the Server Solutions sales and offerings to deliver on the multi-quarter financial performance of the brand. Working with the MEA brands and offerings teams this role provides both tactical and strategic Sales Leadership.
- Understands and is aligned to IBM corporate strategy
- Knowledge on Hybrid Cloud Technology and the opportunity/ability to collaborate across this technology
- IBM Culture fit i.e. dynamic individual sharing one common goal and vision
- A Leader who strives for constant personal learning and development
- Ability to assimilate and align to IBM culture
Understand the specifics of the HW portfolio in reference to the below points :
- Knowledge of the Egypt competitive landscape
- (HOW TO) Preserve IBM current footprint across Power
- Grow the HW base using competitive takeout
- Strategy on how he/she would compete against other OEM's
- Ability to elaborate on strategy around specific partner plays
- Accountable for Server Solutions offerings, market share and multi quarter financial performance (revenue & GP)
- Leads Servers Solutions Business Unit Sellers / specialists community;
- Develops offering playbook with associated enablement for deployment across all routes to market
- Manage the brands plays & offerings to ensure healthy pipeline through the full year & quarter by quarter.
- Assesses offering performance / field feedback and competitive positioning and feedback MEA brands offering, adjusting offerings to fulfill local market dynamics and innovate new tactics to better execute on the offerings.
- Reports & forecast brands performance on Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly bases to MEA management.
- Identifies best practices and propagates them for broad adoption
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Extensive Servers / Systems Infrastructure sales expertise including:
- Solution selling both HW & SW experience
- Strategic business development, offerings and plays
- RTM, channel programs & management system
- Multi-cultural sales experience working with and through a highly matrixed organization
- Extensive senior sales experience, able to travel 25-50% time.
- Strong Server sales / offerings / business development experience
- Collborative influence required across all business units, essential for success in this role will be the engagement and support of Channel, S&D & Cloud.
- Innovation is key factor - a leader who can implement innovative ways to differentiate IBM sales from that of our competitors
- Strong client relationship skills at CXO level
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.