Job description / Role
- To provide outstanding customer service to our customers, overseas distributors and subsidiaries. Ensuring compliance at all times
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide an excellent service for end customers; distributers & subsidiaries, as applicable.
- Receive orders from customers and manage them in line with company policy and systems, following through to shipment, ensuring a quality of service.
- Work collaboratively with other GE departments for dispute resolution.
- Establish close relationships with customers and commercial partners to gain their trust.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop solid product knowledge and a strong understanding of the Supply Chain.
- Work as part of a team, with a flexible & proactive approach to increase and maintain the quality of service.
- Build effective relationships with other departments to understand impact to customers and service levels.
- Provide knowledge and accurate information to customers.
- Raise quotations for customers and distributors as requested and in line with Company Policy, as applicable.
- Implementation of tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
- Drive data analysis and business case development for key projects
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Primary contact for global affiliates in reference to the logistics process
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
- Support standardization of transportation processes across the region
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience in customer service normally including at least 1 year of prior experience in customer service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Competent with Excel and Word
- Ability to manage self and tasks a proactive manner
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail.
- A calm and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to communicate using local language and additional languages if role requires.
- Experience with managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional cross-country team environment.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, and drive/progress individual projects.
- ERP/SAP knowledge
- Fluency in additional language if working in a country that uses such a local language
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.