Job description / Role
The Shipping Supervisor ensures the team undertakes timely coordination and accurate documentation of imports and/or exports.
- Oversee the team to undertake Imports and/or Export of shipments and to ensure maximum efficiency, quality and customer service
- Work closely and follow instructions from the head of Freight at the Group Level
- Ensure services are executed in accordance to the processes, terms and timeframes defined by management
- Ensure all state, customs and other applicable regulations are followed while fulfilling service requirements
- Ensure all required documentations are obtained/processed to facilitate imports and/or exports of shipments.
- Ensure Business Units are accurately billed as per Logistics price list for the services provided
- Ensure Freight Forwarder invoices are accurate, as per agreed price list
- Ensure all shipments are insured
- Ensure all claims are investigated and settled
- Attend operational meetings with Freight Forwarders, Customs, Customers or other stake holders
- Accurate reporting and analysis as per management requirements
- Train, guide and support team members to carry out required tasks
- Coordinate Plan and allocate the team for smooth and effective execution of workload
- Immediately report to management, investigate and correct any breach in Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001) Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental procedures, Company policies or Security protocols
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.